I found an awesome recipe
, you should try it. The glazed ham was a hit and received rave reviews!
Posted in Foody, This and That Tagged with: food, foody, recipes, Recipes I have tried...., yum
Recalling my taste of Amsterdam.
1. Belgian waffle (toasted), bannana ice cream, whip cream, fresh strawberries, and topped with a chocolate. This was fantastic. My photo didn’t come out clearly of the shop name, and oops I can’t recall.
2. Havenrestaurant De Lunch;
Fried cod and fries…yum
3. Manneken Pis; fries with mayo…. Don’t judge until you try!
4. Hot chocolate, one of my favorite stops………
5. Heineken Experience; Heineken, refreshing after a long day of walking.
6. Restaurant Ovierto; I love breakfast food, had this at all hours.
Posted in Foody, Travel Tagged with: Amsterdam, food, foody, Travels, yum
Thursday I had the privilege to go to a hibachi grill for lunch…..
According to our wonderful friends at Wikipedia Hibachi comes with some history.
It is not known when the hibachi was first used in Japan. However, written records suggest that it was used by the Heian period (798-1185 AD). Owing to the low availability of metal in Japan, early hibachis were made from dug-out cypress wood lined with clay. However, craftsmen soon began to make more decorative versions with lacquered finishes, gold leaf,
and other artistic embellishments. Stronger materials such as metal and
ceramics became popular over time. Traditional hibachis can be very
attractive objects in themselves and are today sometimes sold as antiques.
Restaurants use the Hibachi Grilles to put on an awesome show which involves food……yum!
Let the Show begin…….
Oh Oh and we are off with a dud, the flaming smiley face is a cloud full of smoke 🙁
Appetizer arrive and the 🙂 comes roaring back!
He got busy on the Grille…..I attempted to catch broccoli with my mouth but my eye did a better job of catching the broccoli.
He was able to make up for the dud in the beginning with this onion volcano….he put out the flames with a fireman who also thought we were on fire 🙂 I would recommend a Hibachi lunch any day and it definitely is a pick me up!
Posted in Foody Tagged with: asian bistro, foody, hibachi, ThiS aNd ThaT, yum